Four Months in 2016

This is April. It hasn't been a pleasant month.  I was in the hospital for 10 days, which seemed like a year.

I went in with severe stomach pains.  I've had this condition for over a year, but, the tests the GI Dr. did, had not shown anything.  This time, when I went to the ER, I was bloated quite a bit.  I felt like I was having sextuplets!!!!

In the ER, the nurse hooked  me up to the machine that shows heart rate, BP & oxygen level.  Well, I knew I had a heart problem, but the Dr.'s never caught the fibrillation, until that morning.  The heart rate was all over the place.  The nurse asked me if I was ever diagnosed with an irregular heart beat.  I said no, but, I knew something was wrong since my 50's. I wore a heart monitor until the day before I was discharged. Now, I know for sure.  I'm on Zaralto ( I can be just like Arnold Palmer, when I grow up!!!) and a heart rate pill.  Life is GRAND!!!!!

My stomach pains:  I was sent for a CT scan and the results showed I have a blockage in my small intestine.  I had a lot of blood work done, that got sent out to a lab to see if I had Crohn's Disease or Colitis.  I don't have either of them.  I have to go back to the hospital and have some sort of drink to see how blocked my intestine is.

I was on IV's for 4 days, along with a tube up my nose and into my stomach..  I couldn't even have a liquid diet, which was horrible, anyway, especially the broth.  When I got home, I threw all my Swanson broths out!!!!!  I don't want to see it until next Winter.

Dr. really doesn't know what wrong with me.  It's a guessing game, now.  I can't believe all the medications I was on, that I probably didn't need.  Ching! Ching!


I got out last Fri. (April 22nd).   So far, I'm doing better.  I'm on a low fiber diet for at least 30 days.

On Monday, my Husband is going into the hospital for a other knee replacement.
My oldest Daughter called me to tell me she needs surgery.  I told her it would be funny if she went in at the same time as my Husband.  Kill 2 birds with one stone!!!  Just wonderful.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Robin Shawl

Black Friday Happiness!!!!!!!