Best Christmas Present EVER............

My Husband is the best thing that has ever happened to me. He is kind, generous, thoughtful, selfless, and, most of all, I know he LOVES me.

I just opened my Christmas presents. I got what I wanted, BUT, there was a BIGGER surprise. I have to tell the story first, so there!!!!

I used to be a foster kitty Mom way back in 2002. I was asked to go to a shelter every week to go pick out cats, because, at that time, euthanasia was high and the shelter was small and the one I volunteered for had foster homes.

On one of my trips, while I was sitting in the office, a lady and her little girl came in. The lady was carrying a shoebox. She proceeded to tell the receptionist that she had to give the kitten back, because it was sick. She said she took it to the Vets and the vet told her it was going to cost her a lot of money to get the cat well. She told her the vet said it was going to cost her about $600.00!!!

I felt bad for the little girl. I asked her what she named her kitten. She said Angel.

After they left, I asked the receptionist if I could take the kitten. I knew the ACO, so I thought "NO PROBLEM"!!! Right-O. He let me have her. I called her my "Shoebox Kitty". She was very small. I think she was the runt of a litter.

I took her to my Vets and lo & behold, she had the Upper Respiratory Infection, which I figured anyway. It was a gamble because I fostered cats and this infection is air-born.

I kept the name Angel, and, believe me, she was an Angel. We were bonded at the hip, so to speak. She survived. She slept around my neck, at night. During the day, she would jump up on my shoulders and wrap herself on my neck and do housecleaning with me.

She was a very SPECIAL cat. I lost her, it will be 3 yrs ago, March 2nd 2015. I miss her terribly. She developed FIP and had to be put down. She was 9 yrs old. She was a very petite cat. She loved to play bite my fingers and arms. She knew I saved her and she loved me for that and I loved her. I'm crying, right now, writing this.

My Christmas present is this blanket. My Husband took a photo to CVS and had this blanket done for me. When I opened it, I burst into tears. I couldn't believe it. It's 50 x 60.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Robin Shawl

Black Friday Happiness!!!!!!!