RIP Zander - 2004-2015

On Feb 2nd of this year, we lost our feral cat. He had just turned 12 y.o. in Jan.
 
I had adopted him in 2010, from our town shelter.  He had been living there for 6 years.  The Animal Control Officer wanted him to live out the rest of his life in a home.  I went to the shelter to adopt a cat they featured in a Free newspaper and came home with Zander.

It was an adjustment.  He was afraid of everything.  He stayed under our bed for 6 months.  He did come out to eat and go to the litter box.  We couldn't get near him.  He eventually got use to the house and the other cats and dog.

He was never "my" cat.  He always seemed to be afraid of me.  He got very attached to my Husband and eventually ended up his lap cat.  Zander ended up loving to get brushed by me and my Husband.  He let me pet him only if he was on my Husband's lap.  He was a very laid back kitty.  He was very quiet and minded his own business.  He had the loudest PURR, we have ever heard in a cat!!!  You could hear him from another room.

He started losing weight and pooping outside the box.  We took him to the Vets.  They thought he might have constipation and told me to give him a laxative 2x a day.  I did for about 3 days, but, noticed he was getting to the point where he couldn't poop at all.  It was the weekend, of course, and he started going downhill fast.  He stopped eating and just slept.  So, on Monday, I called the Vets to have him put down.  My Husband ended up taking him and it was fitting, because Zander was "his" cat".  The Vet said it looked like he had Cancer.  I think he had a tumor in his colon.

We will miss him, very much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Robin Shawl

Black Friday Happiness!!!!!!!