Page 3 Cont


Throughout the years, we had we had been talking about moving to AZ.  My Husband's Sister and two Brothers live there.  We went back and forth with the idea.  It was dropped.

Then one day, I told my Hubby, I wanted to move to South Carolina.  He told me he didn't know if I was serious or not and asked what gave me this idea to move there.  I told him it was a friend on Facebook and I love SC, anyway.  the weather is good for his Arthritis.  NO SNOW!!!!

So, we both started looking on the Internet, for mobile homes.  I found one, that I really liked.  He made an appt.  We left mid August.  Met with the realtor and she had some others to look at, in our price range.

It ended up being the first Mobile Home that I like.  We put an offer in and the owner accepted it. 

We drove back home.  Things were being set up by the realtor ( carpet cleaning, inspection and more), as well as a closing date.

On October 6th, we closed.  Went home and packed.  My Husband spoke to a Realtor about putting our mobile home up for sale.  What a job that was!!  We wanted to be on the road by Oct. 31st.

We left MA at exactly 4:45.  It takes 17 hours to get to Manning, SC.  We had a big problem with my car  leaking brake fluid on the highway, in rush hour morning traffic, in Bridgeport, CT.  We lost a total of 4 1/2 hours between getting towed to Firestone and a mechanic ordering new brake lines and installing them.

Needless to say, we didn't arrive at our new home until 5:30 a.m. November 1st.

Unpacking was just as bad as packing!

We have 3 bdrm (one is a yarn room), living room, kitchen, dining area, office, den, 2 bathrooms, a covered patio & 3/4 acres of land for $69,000.  We have well water and central air.

The house, that's what I call it, was on the market for 2 years.  We lucked out!!!

HUGE front yard!!!  Long driveway




This doesn't look like this, anymore.  See the big Silver tractor trailer thingy in the back??  That is going to be by yarn dyeing studio.



We love it here.  We live near a huge lake.  Lots of different birds at my feeders.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Robin Shawl

My Handsome Boy